COVID Vaccine Patient Information
- Eligibility Checker confirmed
- Eligibility Declaration completed and available to staff. Bring printed or have ready to email.
- Consent Form (download here) to be completed and submitted to our staff (bring printed or have ready to email)
- Current Medicare Card
- ID and supporting documents
- MyGov Application installed on your mobile phone
- Medicare added to MyGov
- Immunisation Statement downloaded for date of appointment. Able to show on phone
- Booked appointment for 2nd dose of vaccine
- Update email address and consent to receive emails
- Email from practice with post-vaccine information (links) and self-reporting document
ARE YOU ELIGIBILE?
- We are currently working to rollout vaccines to eligible patients in category 1b
- You check your eligibility using the Australian Government Department of Health Vaccines Eligibility Checker (www.covid-vaccine.healthdirect.gov.au/)
- Complete the Consent Form (download here)
- The Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation determines eligibility groups and criteria. More information can be found here www.health.gov.au/...).
You will need to confirm your eligibility to receive the vaccine, please complete the document found here, additionally, you will need to bring one of the following to your appointment:
- A current work ID card showing employment at a relevant occupation for Phase 1A or 1B
- A letter from your employer confirming that you are currently employed in a priority occupation for Phase 1A or 1B
- Documentation confirming you are a carer
- For household contacts of a quarantine / border worker, proof of occupation of the quarantine / border worker and evidence to demonstrate you live at the same residential address. For instance, this could include: bills or rates notices with both of your names and address, or separate documentary evidence that shows each of your names while showing the same address
- Details to enable the vaccine provider to access your MyHealth Record, if you have one
INSTALLING GOV APPS
Before receiving covid or flu vaccine this year, you will need to show a current Immunisation Statement.
The easiest way to do this is from your phone. Before you can download the statement, you will need to install the app on your phone. For instructions for how to download MyGov and add Medicare to your services, download Express Plus Medicare app, and download Immunsation Statement, follow the steps from slide 6 to 9 from the Patient Information Pack (download here)
BOOK SECOND DOSE APPOINTMENT
- An appointment for the second vaccine will be scheduled at the time of your first vaccine
- Please note that you will need to provide an Immunisation Statement for your second dose. Refer to the instructions on slide 9 from the Patient Information Pack (download here)
- Please ensure you have updated the practice with your email address and consent to receive emails
REPORTING ADVERSE EFFECTS
The government has mandated reporting of any adverse events. Further information and reporting can be found at www.safevac.org.au
GENERAL AND POST VACCINATION INFORMATION
- Information on AstraZeneca vaccine and thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome here
- Preparing for your COVID-19 vaccination here
- Information on AstraZeneca vaccine can be located here
- Information for after your AstraZeneca Vaccine can be located here
- The Australian Government has a website dedicated to Covid-19. That website can be located here
Download COVID Vaccine Patient Information.
Step by step instructions for patients